Ways to Contribute
Grants and scholarships are usually for no more than US$300 per grantee.
The Fondo Quisqueya Foundation ("Fondo Q'" or "FQ"), is a small 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. We provide low income Dominicans in the Dominican Republic ("DR") with scholarships and grants for traditional and nontraditional educational and training purposes designed to assist them in bettering their lives and to help them attain personal development, skills, and advancement. Our VISION is: that all low-income Dominicans obtain the education and skills they need to be gainfully employed.
Our GOAL is to distribute a minimum total of US$12,000 annually in grants and scholarships to at least 40 motivated, low income individual Dominicans and groups who want education or training to help them improve their lives and their life opportunities. We try to award a total of at least US$3,000 per quarter to at least 10 individuals and groups. Our ability to do this depends on donations.
PLEASE JOIN US! HELP us to help motivated, low income Domincans help themselves!
Many thanks to our HONOR ROLL OF DONORS for the current year!!
In making your donation, you may wish to consider doing what others have done in contributing to Fondo Q:
- Make donations in memory of or in honor of another person.
- Donate as a group, as has been done by former DR PC Groups.
- Make donations instead of giving presents.
- For Christmas 2003, the Brown family contributed money to Fondo Q instead of exchanging Christmas gifts. In 2002, D.R. Group 11 donated money in memory of Carolyn Peyton; and DR Group 26 donated money in memory of Kristen Fiske; and individuals made donations in memory of Philip P. Taylor.
- In 2008, money was donated by members of DR 26 in memory of their DR 26 compadres: Tom King, Tami Pierson, Kristin Fiske Martinez, and Tim Sweeney. Other individuals donated money in 2008 in memory of Frank Merino Hernandez, Pedro Juan Jimenez, John Guy Smith, Ramon Triche Hervey, Marda Mayo's father, Eleanor Fiske, and Annie Merriman.
- In 2008, donations were also made: in honor of the Marriage of Lloyd Williams and Laura Gougas; to help fund a two-day beekeeping workshop for farmers; to provide funding for schools damaged by Tropical Storm Noel; to support Fondo Q's Mila Brooks Fund for the education of young girls and women, and in honor of BJ Warren's birthday.
Together we can help many more Dominicans obtain skills and training that will help them and their families obtain a better life.
You have several payment options on how to make a donation.
- If you want to donate by check, make your check payable to Fondo Quisqueya and mail it to:
P.O. BOX 6628
Falls Church, Virginia 22040-6628
If you have a checking account that offer electronic bill paying, you can easily set up an automatic donation on a regular basis of your choosing – monthly, quarterly, per pay period, etc.
- You can donate by using PayPal. [Please note that your donation through PayPal will be reduced by 2.9 percent plus $0.30 in order to cover PayPal's fees,]
- You can donate by using your credit card with JustGive.org. [Please note that your donation through JustGive.org will be reduced by 4.5 percent in order to cover JustGive's "hard" transactions costs such as credit card and banking fees.]
- You can make a credit card donation using the Network for Good Giving System (NGGS). [Please note that your donation will be reduced by 5 per cent to cover NGGS' transactions costs.]
- Contact FQ's Treasurer, Anita Friedman, at email@example.com